The human body is one of the most miraculous things in the universe. And, though we live with our bodies every day, there’s quite a bit we may not know about this masterpiece and how it functions. Here are sixteen facts about the human body we bet you didn’t know.
A wide variety of topics exist under the umbrella of “healthcare,” including law, various healthcare professions, preventative medicine and nutrition. All these topics and more are covered in this list of the 50 best healthcare blogs established since January 2009. The list includes blogs created in 2009 and 2010, listed by month of creation. [click to continue…]
Public health and healthcare administration is a popular field today. Because there is so much need in the healthcare industry, this is a field with a lot of opportunity. One of the best and least expensive ways to hone your skills is through open courseware classes. You can take classes in healthcare from highly respected universities like MIT, Johns Hopkins and others. Check out these 21 open courseware classes for managers and those in healthcare.
Courses from MIT
- Competitive Decision Making and Negotiation: This course is centered on twelve negotiation exercises that simulate competitive business situations. Students learn about distributive and mixed motive bargaining, among other techniques.
- Communication for Managers: Teaches writing and speaking skills necessary for a management position.
- Leadership and Personal Effectiveness Coaching Seminar: This seminar gives students opportunities to hone business communication skills through activities.
- Advanced Managerial Communication: Advanced course in managerial communications.
- Building and Leading Effective Teams: This course is a must for hiring managers. It is an intensive one week course on building a great team and leading it.
- Designing and Sustaining Technology Innovation fro Global Health Practice: This course explores how global healthcare leaders must understand both the business of running a social venture as well as how to plan for and provide access to life saving medicines and essential health services.
Course from Tufts University
- Population Medicine: This course examines the role of healthcare on the general population.
Courses from Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
- Ethical Issues in Public Health: Explores current ethical issues in public health and health policy, including resource allocation, the use of summary measures of health, the right to health care, and conflicts between autonomy and health promotion efforts.
- History of Public Health: This course examines the historical experience of health and illness from a population perspective.
- Problem Solving for Immunization Programs: This course examines the problems associated with providing immunization programs throughout the world.
- Public Health Biology: This course Offers an integrative molecular and biological perspective on public health problems. The course explores population biology and ecological principles underlying public health and reviews molecular biology in relation to public health biology.
- Public Health Practice 101: This class offers a series of presentations that will introduce health department employees to the basic terms and concepts that they are likely to encounter in the field.
- Training Methods and Continuing Education for Health Workers: This course focuses on training and continuing education as an important component of health service and personnel management.
- Population Change and Public Health: A look at how our growing population impacts public health programs.
- Social and Behavioral Aspects of Public Health: This course covers basic literacy regarding social concepts and processes that influence health status and public health interventions.
- Health Across Life Spans: This course evaluates health of individuals across their lifespan and how it affects public health programs.
- STI Prevention: A look at preventing sexually transmitted illnesses within the public health sector.
- Global Tobacco Control: This course discusses tobacco and its effect on public health.
- Impact of Pandemic Influenza on Public Health: A look at how a flu pandemic would affect American public health.
Course from Notre Dame
- Medicine and Public Health in American History: This course offers an introduction to differing conceptions of disease, health, and healing throughout American history.
Course from UC Berkeley
- Public Health Preparedness and Emergency Response: This series of lectures discusses steps taken and roles of the Public Health system during times of emergency.
Use these classes as refresher courses after you’ve obtained your degree or as additional study material while working toward that degree. There is an unbelievable amount of information available for free through open courseware. These classes can really help you develop your knowledge and hone your skills regarding management in a health care environment and about health care and the public in general. Be certain to take advantage of all the great information available to you for free on the web!
MBA in health care develops skills into already healthcare professional skills of management and entrepreneurship to effectively run a hospital. A normal graduate who is in not into health profession can make entry into health care industry obtaining degree of Management in healthcare as far as he is concerned with administrative as well as finical aspects of the health care industry.
The courseware of MBA/HCM program focuses on developing skill of identification, analysis, solution of complex management problems with a basic understanding of health care concepts and decision models that supports the variety of management roles in present day health care management roles. At many institutions the MBA healthcare courseware is designed in such a manner that it equips a student with state-of-the art technologies in the health care industry.
As far as growth of career in Health Care, it is a promising field with a good number of opportunities for many people including MBA graduates. The potential area where an MBA graduate can work in health care industry is Pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, insurance companies, financial institutions and government agencies in areas like biotechnology, medical devices and health care services are a few of those services. Apart from all other factors, the most important factor for the scope of the degree is aging population with increasing need for the cost effective delivery of services. This development further added with use of technology and new drugs makes it necessary thing to be handled by a person with ample experience in management.
As according to survey assess the scope for MBA in health care the people with MBA health care MBA in coming time would be in control over multimillion-dollar facilities employing a good number of people. There a good number of courses are offered by various universities in Health Care Management, below is the list of some of chosen universities that offer courses in Health Care MBA.
- AIU Online: American Inter Continental University’s provides courses for various educational needs of the students. It provides an accelerated online MBA in health care Management which is well adapted to the needs and time of health care industry.
- American Sentinel University: The MBA course in health care from the university is one of the best courses with special focus on health care. This program is designed to train graduates for senior managerial positions in health care capable inculcating ideas from various disciplines and industry backgrounds.
- Baker College Online: The health care MBA program at Baker College focuses on combining the best of the academic training along with filed based learning with an emphasis on allied health filed professionals in hospitals, medical healthcare related organizations like health insurance companies, health care industry extra.
- Capella University Online: The MBA Health Care Management program is prepared with special focus on management and business skills as to effectively work within health care industry regime.
MBA simply means Masters of Business Administration. Nowadays the healthcare industry is becoming more and more advanced and technologically sophisticated. The strongest leaders in this category are those that understand the many facets that are involved in this dynamic marketplace. All is required for the healthcare administrators is the ability to handle the legal, economical, political, regulatory, historical and social demands of the industry as well as their managerial skills.
Most of the universities are offering an opportunity to the students who are interested in higher learning by providing them with masters of healthcare administration online programs. This MBA program provides the students with a strong basic foundation in business analysis a multiple choices from specialization in healthcare administration. In this way the students will have to join classes while at home and be able to fulfill their dreams. This is a flexibility that will acquaint the student with the freedom to take classes either in day time or at night. The students who choose this programs of MBA can decide to create a program of study that will directly relate to their personal interests in healthcare by taking different courses with the MHOS, the healthcare finance issues, database an d information management
However, for someone to join these schools one is required to have met certain qualifications. The requirements are a complete an undergraduate degree with a GPA or with a minimum combined GMAT score within 50th percentile. The program prerequisite will involve a basic accounting, macroeconomics and business statistics with the duration of 6, 3 and 3 semesters consecutively. The students will be required to dedicate their time for not less than two years in a healthcare program from the MBA.
The students of these programs will have to get an opportunity to gain the fundamental principles like the systems that comprises the healthcare industry, the dynamics of various health service organizations, the relationship between the public, private and social forces and how they affect healthcare. Moreover, the students will also gain the managerial skills that will sharpen and build cross-functional teams. Eventually, the students will have the competencies in business and also the leadership skills that will help to manage pursue a managerial position in a world of medical health services like the hospitals, healthcare management companies, and practitioners’ offices.
The completion of the course study will lead to good opportunities in employment. It has been estimated that from 2006-2016 the employment of medical and healthcare services is expected to grow by 16 percent. The industry has grown, expanded and diversified leading to more and more managerial skills in demand for fluent and smooth operations in the business. This is an open field to the students/applicants with work experience in this field and much more importance, the managerial skills.